Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ANNIE COLLINGE "MAGIC IN THE AIR"

ART AND LIFE MAG got the chance to pick the brain of the talented and surreal Annie Collinge, her work is a mixture of playful surrealism and conceptual wit.

A+L =How did you get your start in Photography?
AC+ I started taking pictures when I was 16, at first I was really fascinated with the process of developing and printing. My family introduced me to the photographer Harry Borden, when I was 18 I started working as an assistant to him while studing at Central St. Martins and Brighton

A+L=Who inspired you the most?
AC+Harry Borden really taught me loads about the industry and really helped me with any problems I came across. Some of my favorites are Guy Bourdin, Francesa Woodman, Taryn Simon, Larry Sultan, and Diane Arbus


A+L=What do you shoot with?
AC+Bronica 66, Canon 1ds mark 11, Mamiya rb67 and I always carry a canon G10 powershot at all times in my bag!! If Im doing personal work I perfer to always shoot 120 flim I love the colors it produces. Im not a real fan of digital but is what you need to know to survive.

A+L=Your Thought Process?
AC+I like images that are sort of melancholic, I always like to use vivid colors as a sort of contrast to this. I just think of the one off image in my head and then go about looking for the
props to make it. I love flea markets and interesting people to shoot!

A+L=Any Cool Projects?
AC+Living in New York (I'm from London originally)working on personal work as well as w editorial, I hope to put on and exhibition of the work I have done in New York.

www.anniecollinge.com
www.harryborben.com

No comments:

Post a Comment